Revision History: Activity Manager
6.0 Changes: 3/1/2016
5.1.2 Changes: 10/1/2006
- Prices can now be set for each activity, per Agency.
- Current & Future Activity Pricing.
- Agency Commissions can now be set via either a perentage or net rate.
- New Agency Billing screen can now create all invoices at one time.
- Default Fuel Surcharge can now be set for Activities.
- Numerous User Interface improvements.
- Bug Fixes for most recent MacOS & Windows updates.
- Now requires FileMaker 13 or above.
5.1.1 Bug Fixes & New Features: 3/8/2006
- Updated to work with version 2.8.1 of the SimpleDialog Plug-in so that Mac Users can now use the Universal version of that plug-in along with Universal version 8.5 of FileMaker Pro. This greatly enhances the speed on Intel Macs.
- Mass e-mailing is now supported.
- Added optional departure & arrival time fields on Activities Screen.
- Added departure & arrival times to default Client Invoice/Reservation Agreement.
5.1 General Improvements: 9/8/2005
- Bugfix: When a reservation was vouchered and it was marked as a "No Show" the agency billing would be inaccurate.
- Several other small bug fixes.
- Corrected a few minor User Interface inconsistencies.
- Removed the "New", "Find" & "Delete" aqua buttons because they are already in the toolbar.
- Accommodations: Added a feature to set pickup times for each activity depending on the hotel.
- Reports -> Manifest: Added a driver's pickup schedule for companies that pickup their clients from Hotels.
- Reservations: When you choose a transaction type of "Vouchered" or "Referred", and when you select from the agency list, only the agencies with the respective transaction type is now shown in the list, rather than every single agency.
5.1 New Features:
- Complete facelift and re-write of the entire application (in FileMaker Pro 8)
- All logic is now a single file (except for the help file), so if the file is renamed, it won't break the application.
- No more jumping windows! The base of the application is now running under a single window.
- Navigation is now done from the current window rather than a floating pallet.
- Added a new optional Tooltips feature as part of the Help system.
- Added a new optional Toolbar feature.
- Overall speed increase when launching and running Activity Manager.
- Even better performance for remote clients when running the "Server" version.
- No more "Today Calculation" delay when opening large reservation systems.
- Menus have been renamed for better consistency.
- Custom menus no longer use a plug-in and are now done with FileMaker 8 native menu sets.
- Consistency across all screens.
- New icon.
- Many more improvements that are too many to list.
- Email: Emails are now routed through the client computer's default email application.
- Account Management: Totally re-designed. Each user now has their own username and password.
- Account Management: You can now specify which accounts can overbook activities & make reservations on unscheduled days.
- Account Management: You can now disable/enable accounts without deleting them.
- Accouns: You can now logout and login without quitting the entire reservation system.
- Settings: The Administrator can now set required fields and turn off/on the warning dialogs and/or the missing field display line.
- Settings: The Administrator can now customize the letterhead on the Customer Invoice.
- Settings: You can now modify the Settings from client machines (Multi-User & Server).
- Settings/Web Module: The Administrator can now customize the default email to Internet clients.
- Web Module: No longer requires a plug-in. Activity Manager now speaks to the remote MySQL server directly.
- Web Module: You can now update one activity at a time in the remote MySQL Database.
- Web Module: You can now specify a separate price just for the Internet.
- Web Module: You can now specify meta content for each activity page. (Title, Keywords & Description)
- Contacts: You can now merge two contacts into one record (with field conflict resolution).
- Reservations & Contacts Screen: Many more fields are now validated to make sure the data was entered properly.
- Reservations & Contacts Screen: Phone number fields are now formatted automatically to US format.
- Reservations: The bottom part of the sample voucher can now be customized by the Administrator.
- Reservations: Agency, Activity, Agent, & Accommodations fields now have the auto-complete (type ahead) feature.
- Reservations: You can now associate a reservation with a contact even if the reservation was created first.
- Reservations: Changed the way Refunds work (yet again) to make thing simpler.
- Reservations: On the Customer Invoice, the default Check-in Time, Check in Location & Special Instructions can be modified.
- Reservations: Date fields now have a mini pop-up calendar to make it easy to insert dates.
- Reservations: You can now specify a Handling Fee with Direct reservations.
- Reservations: If "Wait List" option is checked and reservation is changed to "Confirmed" the checkbox will automatically be unchecked.
- Reservations: Availability check is automatically performed when either the Activity, Date of the Activity, Pax, or Confirmation status is changed.
- Reservations: Combination Tours/Round Trips can now be done without having to create a second reservation.
- Reservations: Upgrade Options now have multiple pax types.
- Credit Card Module: Removed support for Verisign. (Verisign had too many problems) Authorize.Net is now the default gateway.
- Credit Card Module: Redesigned to allow multiple transactions per reservation and to show a history of transactions.
- Credit Card Module: When capturing a previously authorized transaction, you can now capture a lesser amount than the original authorization.
- Accommodations: You can now track phone numbers for particular units/suites.
- Agencies: Added a new Agent database to help track Agent Spiffs.
- Activities: You can specify an Agent Spiff amount for each type of pax (Adult, Child, etc.).
- Activities: Increased maximum Upgrades Options from 7 to 9.
- Activities: Upgrades Options can now have up to 3 different prices depending on the type of pax (Adult, Child, etc.).
- Activities: You can now specify if you do not want an activity to appear in the Availability Calendar..
- Reports: Added a new report for Agent Spiffs.
- Reports: Removed the redundant Accounting Report and replaced it with a Daily Cash Report.
- Reports: You can now generate a Manifest Report with up to three activities in a single report.
- Agency Billing: The list of Agencies that need to be billed now auto reduce properly.
- Many more new features that are too many to list.
4.0 New Features: 2/17/2004
4.0 General Improvements & Changes:
- Credit card processing - Authorize and Capture, Charge, Void, & Credit (requires separate license)
- Each user now has their own self modifiable preferences
- Each user now has privileges assigned by the Administrator
- It is now possible to book combination tour packages
- Agency Payables can now be processed all at once, rather than one reservation at a time
- In the Activities file you can now specify if you want that activity to be in the drop down list when making reservations
- In the Contacts file, you can now create, view, and delete multiple reservation for the same contact
- You can now specify if agencies are to receive commissions on Upgrade Options
- You can now set the next Confirmation ID number
- You can now turn off the the automatic Zip Code lookup feature
- The administrator can now set required fields
- Accountant: In the Agency Invoices file, you can now specify an exact range of dates to invoice the agency
- If you are using the Multi-User version you can now make the server/host auto-enter the password at startup
- All reports are improved including dialogs and better printing, with page numbers. Removed extra space at top of pages.
- The extra navigation bar on the left of the screen has been removed saving screen space
- The extra screens are now used by going to the Navigation menu
- More consistency across all screens & files
- The different pricing depending on season feature has been removed
- The Internet publishing feature has been completely redesigned and improved dramatically (Web-Enabled only)
- The Internet publishing feature is now based on mySQL and Lasso (Web-Enabled only)
- No longer need to build your website and then do the integration, it is now built for you (Web-Enabled only)
- When new Internet reservations come in, they now go directly into the Reservations file (Web-Enabled only)
- Your internet users can now book multiple reservations and then submit them all at once (Web-Enabled only)
3.2 New Features: 5/13/2003
3.2 General Improvements:
- Added a "Waiting List" feature
- Added a "Cacellation Fee" feature
- Added an "Arrival Date" field to the "Client Data" box
- There is now an optional floating navigation window
- Added a new database file called "Contacts"
New reservation that come from the Internet will now go into this file (Web Enabled only)
- There is now a login/logout system for all sales people
- Added a custom field to the reservation data box
- You can now share and unshare the entire system with a single button in the Master Settings (Multi-User and above)
- If a tour is overbooked it will now display how many people it is overbooked by
- In the Activities file, you can now specify the days of week that tours are provided
- When making a reservation, if you select a day that it isn't provided, a message dialog will appear
- Also added a few other fields to the Activities file: check in time, check in location, & special instructions
- When making a reservation the check in time for the selected tour will now be displayed just above the notes field
- In the Master Settings, you can choose to allow Sales People to issue refunds
- The email feature can now use SMTP authentication to send messages
- The email screen now displays the date and time the last message was sent
- When sending multiple messages, it will now tell you if any did not get sent and display them for you
- You can now send multiple attachment using the "Append File" button, on the Email Screen
- Added simple record navigation buttons that are easier to use than FileMaker's built-in tool
- New Help system with search feature and better printing
- Availability screen is much easier and faster to use. It now uses a portal rather than a search script and dates can be selected using a simple calendar
- Sending multiple emails to the found record set is now 5X faster
- The "Refund" function is greatly improved and it will now ask if it is a full or partial refund
- The "Record Data" box has been renamed to the "Security" box and now displays the current User Group and User
- Several interface refinements and consistency between screens is improved
- Many other small improvements which are too many to list
- You can now specify upgrade options for each activity
- For agencies that operate on a referral basis, you can now specify if their commission is precollected
- Added "No Show" to the Confirmation options
- Added the ability to set the Default Confirmation type in the Master Settings
- Added a couple more credit cards to the card number validity checker
- Added the option to include unconfirmed reservations to the generic report
- Added the ability to search for two actvities in the generic report
- The startup process has been improved and now asks for you to set the administrator password upon first launch
- Manually overiding the sub total now uses a dialog box, which makes it much easier to set
- Changing the current password now uses a dialog box
- The runtime application is now based on FileMaker Developer 6.0
- Many dialog boxes are now more informative, thanks to FileMaker 6.0's new custom dialog options
- Many fields are now validated by calculations, rather than scripts
- Improved speed of interface
- Only past vouchered reservations will now appear in the list of reservations that need to be invoiced
- Change all references of "Vendors" to proper term, "Agencies".
- Minor bug fixes in security and interface tweaks.
- Fixed a few spelling errors.
- Demo is now available for MS Windows as well.
- First release to the public.
- This was a private release
- The 1.0 release was available by invitation only to select activity companies in Hawaii.
© Copyright 2000-2016 Aloha Software, LLC, All Rights Reserved.
FileMaker is a Trademark of FileMaker, Inc.